Best Indian Restaurants in Paris?
Are you craving authentic and flavorful Indian cuisine in the heart of Paris? Look no further! In this article, we will guide you through some of the best Indian restaurants that will take your taste buds on a delightful culinary journey. From traditional dishes to modern interpretations, Paris has a plethora of options to satisfy your Indian food cravings. So let’s dive in and explore the top Indian restaurants in the city of love.
1. Le Mahal
Situated in the vibrant neighborhood of Montmartre, Le Mahal is a hidden gem known for its delectable Indian delicacies. As soon as you step inside, you’ll be greeted by the warm and cozy ambiance that perfectly complements the aromatic flavors of their dishes.
Le Mahal offers an extensive menu with a wide range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options, ensuring there is something for everyone. From classic Butter Chicken to flavorful Lamb Biryani and creamy Palak Paneer, each dish is prepared with care and attention to detail. The friendly and attentive staff further enhance the dining experience, ensuring that your visit is nothing short of exceptional.
Highlights of Le Mahal:
- Extensive menu with a wide range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options.
- Must-try dishes: Butter Chicken, Lamb Biryani, and Palak Paneer.
- Friendly and attentive staff, ensuring a pleasant dining experience.
2. Krishna Bhavan
If you’re looking for a taste of South India in Paris, Krishna Bhavan is the place to be. This vegetarian restaurant serves authentic South Indian cuisine with a focus on flavorsome dosas, idlis, and uttapams. The minimalist yet inviting decor adds to the overall charm of the dining experience.
Krishna Bhavan specializes in South Indian cuisine, offering a wide variety of dosas and idlis cooked to perfection. The Masala Dosa, with its crispy texture and flavorful potato filling, is a must-try. Pair it with their Coconut Chutney for an authentic taste of South India. End your meal with a cup of aromatic Filter Coffee to complete the experience. Despite its popularity, Krishna Bhavan maintains affordable prices and generous portions, making it a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
Highlights of Krishna Bhavan:
- Specializes in South Indian cuisine, with an emphasis on dosas and idlis.
- Try their Masala Dosa, Coconut Chutney, and Filter Coffee for an authentic taste.
- Affordable prices and generous portions make it a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
3. Saravanaa Bhavan
Saravanaa Bhavan is a well-established name in the Indian culinary scene, and their branch in Paris lives up to the reputation. Located near the iconic Champs-Elysées, this vegetarian restaurant offers an extensive menu featuring dishes from various regions of India.
At Saravanaa Bhavan, you will find a wide variety of dosas, curries, and biryanis to choose from. Indulge in their Sambar Vada, a savory doughnut-like lentil fritter served with a tangy lentil soup. For a filling and satisfying meal, try their Channa Bhatura, a combination of fluffy deep-fried bread and spiced chickpea curry. Complete your dining experience with a cup of Masala Chai, a fragrant and spiced Indian tea. The impeccable service and cozy ambiance of Saravanaa Bhavan make it an excellent choice for a memorable dining experience.
Highlights of Saravanaa Bhavan:
- Wide variety of dosas, curries, and biryanis to choose from.
- Don’t miss their Sambar Vada, Channa Bhatura, and Masala Chai.
- Impeccable service and cozy ambiance.
4. Le Palais de Raja
For a fine dining experience with a touch of Indian royalty, Le Palais de Raja is the perfect choice. This upscale restaurant showcases not only the rich flavors of Indian cuisine but also the opulent decor inspired by Indian palaces.
Le Palais de Raja takes pride in the exquisite presentation of their dishes, which are a treat for both the eyes and the palate. From the succulent Tandoori Lamb Chops to the creamy Malai Kofta and the indulgent Gulab Jamun dessert, every dish is a work of art. Immerse yourself in the luxurious ambiance and impeccable service as you savor the flavors of India in this regal setting.
Highlights of Le Palais de Raja:
- Exquisite presentation of dishes that are a treat for both the eyes and palate.
- Signature dishes include Tandoori Lamb Chops, Malai Kofta, and Gulab Jamun.
- Immerse yourself in the luxurious ambiance and impeccable service.
5. Jaipur Café
Nestled in the heart of the Marais district, Jaipur Café offers a unique fusion of Indian and French flavors. With its charming and cozy atmosphere, this restaurant provides a perfect blend of both cultures.
Jaipur Café is known for its creative fusion dishes that combine the best of Indian and French cuisines. Indulge in the Chicken Tikka Pizza, a delightful twist on the classic pizza with a spicy Indian touch. Or try the Naan Burger, where a juicy patty is sandwiched between two pieces of soft and flavorful naan bread. For a taste of variety, their Thali platters offer a combination of different flavors in one meal. The friendly staff and laid-back atmosphere make Jaipur Café a must-visit for a unique dining experience.
Highlights of Jaipur Café:
- Creative fusion dishes like Chicken Tikka Pizza and Naan Burger.
- Their Thali platters offer a variety of flavors in one meal.
- Friendly staff and a laid-back atmosphere.
Shalimar, located in the bustling neighborhood of Gare du Nord, is a popular choice among locals and tourists seeking authentic Indian cuisine. This restaurant is known for its flavorsome curries and generous portions that will leave you fully satisfied.
Shalimar offers a large selection of both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, ensuring there is something for everyone. Indulge in their Chicken Tikka Masala, a creamy and flavorful curry that pairs perfectly with a side of fluffy rice or garlic naan. For a rich and aromatic option, try the Lamb Rogan Josh, a slow-cooked lamb curry infused with fragrant spices. The prompt service and great value for money at Shalimar make it a go-to spot for a satisfying Indian meal.
Highlights of Shalimar:
- Large selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes.
- Try their Chicken Tikka Masala, Lamb Rogan Josh, and Garlic Naan.
- Prompt service and great value for money.
Whether you’re a die-hard fan of Indian cuisine or simply looking to try something new, these top Indian restaurants in Paris are sure to leave a lasting impression. Don’t hesitate to embark on a culinary adventure and savor the flavors of India in the heart of the French capital!
Note: This article is written in markdown format. To view the formatting, please use a markdown viewer or editor.
Q: What are the highlights of Le Mahal?
– Extensive menu with a wide range of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options.
– Must-try dishes: Butter Chicken, Lamb Biryani, and Palak Paneer.
– Friendly and attentive staff, ensuring a pleasant dining experience.
Q: What are the highlights of Krishna Bhavan?
– Specializes in South Indian cuisine, with an emphasis on dosas and idlis.
– Try their Masala Dosa, Coconut Chutney, and Filter Coffee for an authentic taste.
– Affordable prices and generous portions make it a favorite among locals and tourists alike.
Q: What are the highlights of Saravanaa Bhavan?
– Wide variety of dosas, curries, and biryanis to choose from.
– Don’t miss their Sambar Vada, Channa Bhatura, and Masala Chai.
– Impeccable service and cozy ambiance.
Q: What are the highlights of Le Palais de Raja?
– Exquisite presentation of dishes that are a treat for both the eyes and palate.