Top Swimming Activities to Enjoy in Vancouver During Spring Break
Are you planning a visit to Vancouver during spring break and looking for exciting swimming activities to make your trip memorable? Vancouver, nestled between the mountains and the stunning Pacific Ocean, offers a plethora of swimming options for water enthusiasts of all ages. From serene beaches to exhilarating water parks, Vancouver has it all. In this article, we will explore the top swimming activities you can indulge in during your spring break in Vancouver.
1. Kitsilano Pool
Location: 2305 Cornwall Ave, Vancouver, BC V6K 1B6, Canada
Kitsilano Pool, commonly known as Kits Pool, is an iconic saltwater swimming pool that’s perfect for a refreshing swim during the spring break. With its stunning views of the North Shore Mountains and Kitsilano Beach, this outdoor pool offers a unique experience.
- The Kitsilano Pool is known for its large size, making it one of the largest outdoor pools in North America. This means there’s plenty of space for everyone to enjoy their swim without feeling crowded.
- The saltwater in the pool is not only refreshing but also provides additional buoyancy, making it easier to float and swim.
- The pool deck is a great place to relax and soak up the sun after your swim. You can lounge on the deck chairs and enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and beach.
- Kits Pool has convenient amenities like change rooms and washrooms, ensuring a comfortable swimming experience for visitors.
2. English Bay Beach
Location: Beach Ave & Davie St, Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4, Canada
English Bay Beach, located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, is another fantastic spot to enjoy swimming during spring break. Dip your toes into the refreshing waters of English Bay, or take a leisurely swim while admiring the stunning view of the Vancouver skyline.
- The beach offers a wide sandy shoreline, perfect for sunbathing and building sandcastles. You can spread out your beach towel and enjoy a relaxing day under the sun.
- The water at English Bay Beach is relatively calm, making it suitable for swimmers of all skill levels. You can take a dip in the clear waters and cool off from the springtime heat.
- The beach is equipped with change rooms and washrooms, making it convenient for visitors to change into their swimwear or freshen up after their swim.
- After a swim, take a leisurely stroll along the seawall and soak in the vibrant atmosphere of this popular beach destination. You can grab a delicious snack or ice cream from one of the nearby food vendors.
3. Second Beach Pool
Location: Stanley Park Dr, Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4, Canada
Situated within the breathtaking Stanley Park, Second Beach Pool is an outdoor heated pool offering a fantastic swimming experience for all ages.
- The pool’s close proximity to the sandy Second Beach makes it a perfect spot for families. You can swim in the pool and then head over to the beach for some sandcastle building or beach volleyball.
- Second Beach Pool features a large slide and splash pad, providing endless fun and excitement for children. They can slide down the water slide or splash around in the shallow pool area.
- The pool is heated, so even if the weather is slightly chilly during spring break, you can still enjoy a comfortable swim. The warm water will keep you cozy and relaxed.
- Surrounding the pool are lush green areas where you can spread out a picnic blanket and enjoy a family picnic. You can also take a leisurely walk along the nearby trails and enjoy the natural beauty of Stanley Park.
4. Big Splash Water Park
Location: 4775 Nu Lelum Way, Tsawwassen, BC V4M 4G9, Canada
If you’re seeking some adrenaline-pumping fun during spring break, head to Big Splash Water Park in Tsawwassen, just a short drive from Vancouver. This thrilling water park offers an array of exciting water slides, wave pools, and lazy rivers.
- Big Splash Water Park is a paradise for thrill-seekers. The park boasts a variety of thrilling water slides, including high-speed slides and twisting tubes that will leave you breathless.
- For those who prefer a more relaxed water activity, the wave pools are a great option. You can float on an inner tube and let the waves gently carry you.
- The lazy rivers provide a calming and leisurely experience. You can hop on an inflatable raft and float along the gentle currents while enjoying the scenic surroundings.
- The park offers various amenities like food concessions and picnic areas, so you can take a break from the water activities and enjoy a delicious meal or snack. There are also shaded areas where you can relax and escape the sun.
5. Cultus Lake Waterpark
Location: 4150 Columbia Valley Hwy, Cultus Lake, BC V2R 5H6, Canada
Located approximately one hour east of Vancouver, Cultus Lake Waterpark is a popular destination for water enthusiasts. With over 18 water slides, including the infamous Bazooka Bowls and Valley of Fear, this waterpark promises an exhilarating experience.
- Cultus Lake Waterpark offers a wide range of water slides suitable for all ages and thrill levels. From gentle slides for children to high-speed slides for adrenaline junkies, there’s something for everyone.
- The Bazooka Bowls and Valley of Fear are two of the park’s most exciting slides. The Bazooka Bowls take you on a thrilling ride through giant bowls, while the Valley of Fear features twists, turns, and sudden drops.
- The Adventure River and Pirates’ Cove are perfect for younger children. They can float along the lazy river or play in the interactive water play area, complete with water cannons and spray features.
- The park also provides sun-drenched areas where you can relax and soak up the sun. You can rent a cabana for added privacy and comfort.
6. Harrison Hot Springs
Location: 100 Esplanade Ave, Harrison Hot Springs, BC V0M 1K0, Canada
For a unique swimming experience, consider visiting Harrison Hot Springs, located just a couple of hours’ drive from Vancouver. Nestled in the tranquil Fraser Valley, this resort town is renowned for its natural hot springs.
- The Harrison Hot Springs offer a unique combination of hot spring pools and a nearby lake. You can soak in the mineral-rich hot spring pools and enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the warm water.
- The nearby Harrison Lake is perfect for swimming and various water activities. You can take a refreshing dip in the lake’s cool waters or rent a paddleboard and explore the scenic surroundings.
- The resort town of Harrison Hot Springs also offers a range of amenities and activities for visitors. You can indulge in spa treatments, dine at waterfront restaurants, or explore the charming shops and boutiques.
- The serene beauty of the Fraser Valley adds to the overall experience. You can take leisurely walks along the lakeside trails and immerse yourself in the tranquility of the surrounding nature.
Vancouver is a paradise for swimming enthusiasts, offering a diverse range of activities to make your spring break unforgettable. Whether you prefer a relaxing dip in an outdoor pool, a thrilling adventure at a water park, or a soothing soak in natural hot springs, Vancouver has it all. So, pack your swimwear and get ready to dive into the aquatic wonders of Vancouver during your spring break.
Q: Where is Kitsilano Pool located?
A: Kitsilano Pool is located at 2305 Cornwall Ave, Vancouver, BC V6K 1B6, Canada.
Q: What is the special feature of Kitsilano Pool?
A: Kitsilano Pool is an iconic saltwater swimming pool with stunning views of the North Shore Mountains and Kitsilano Beach.
Q: Where can I find English Bay Beach?
A: English Bay Beach is located at Beach Ave & Davie St, Vancouver, BC V6G 1Z4, Canada.
Q: What can I expect at Second Beach Pool?
A: Second Beach Pool is an outdoor heated pool situated within Stanley Park. It offers a fantastic swimming experience for all ages and is close to the sandy Second Beach.